Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Other News...

I'm back blogging. Really. Truly. I mean it this time. I'm a blogger who once again blogs.
As a blogger who blogs, I've thought about possible blogging material. What's going on? What's new, what's happening, something I might report back to the Internet? Hmm... something to report.
Dogs are good! Dave Matthews Band is still together! I'm pregnant! Spring is here! What? What was that?
Thought I'd try to slip that by you, you clever readers! The Hubba and I are expecting a baby! Have been, actually, for a little while. About six months along. Six months by pregnancy math, which, if anyone is interested, is my kind of math in that it's a lot more fluid and fluctuating than other types of math. Somehow 40 weeks of pregnancy fits into nine months of the year. I don't get how, but I like it anyway.
So I'm six months and a bit pregnant and due at the start of August and baby's healthy and I'll answer the two questions we've been asked the most:
No, we're not going to find out the baby's gender.
No, neither of us feels at all suicidal over the question of what color to paint the nursery, or the number of yellow and green onesies we can expect in the upcoming months.
Seriously, the response we've had to the announcement we're not finding out the baby's sex is startling. It would make a person wonder how anyone ever lived before he or she could find out a baby's gender. How did we, as a culture, survive? Are people of my generation and earlier permanently scarred by the number of yellow and green outfits we had to to wear? Because, I'm getting the feeling the only more traumatic thing we could do to our soon-to-be-born offspring is go ahead with some random body piercings and maybe a few Angelina Jolie-esque tattoos done right there in the delivery room. Having many friends who didn't find out the baby's sex, I had no idea this was such a divisive issue. The majority of people want to know, have to know, no wonder the economy's in the state it's in- it's punishment for The Hubba and I not finding out the baby's gender!
OK, perhaps I exaggerate a bit. And lots of people are actually very supportive of it. But I admit, The Hubba and I have shared a laugh or two over the horror expressed by those of the Find-Out-the-Baby's-Gender-Before-We-Perish School of Thought.
I think I'll leave the World of the Internet with that thought tonight. We're pregnant! We're not finding out the baby's sex! Get used to it!
We are awfully excited. Excited and happy enough I won't even try to find some cute closing comment.
Except to maybe rock your world with the knowledge, I'd put a girl in blue. And not even flinch.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Of course, you know, this is going to mean you'll have to take a babysitter with you on your Dave Matthews road trips. :o)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Oh Em I am so excited for you.

Lots of hugs!!!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger renee said...

Congratulations!! That's very exciting. I'm sure happy and healthy are more important than gender at this point, right?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home