Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Realizing, as the thought has finally dawned on me, that I won't be pregnant forever, I decided to post a shot of my new and far more round than I might have ever believed possible physique. These pictures were taken over Memorial Day, when I was right at my 30 weeks mark.

In the last thirty weeks, it really hadn't dawned on me to record this event. I don't know how- moving and whatnot got in my way, I guess. Also, the feeling "eh, we've got eons! No rush. Of course, we'll take pictures! But we'll wait. Until we've gotten settled in our new home. Until we're closer to the baby's birth. Until the belly gets really big..."

Folks, that time is upon us. We are settled in a new house (whoo-hoo! didn't mean to slip that one in here, but I seem to be on a once a week blog-plan- I know that's being generous- so I fit news in where I can. I'll post more about the house later, but for now- it's awesome). We are close to the baby's birth. The belly is really big.

Kind of spooky how that sneaks up on a person. Sure, I'm living in this body, stuff is happening, old clothes aren't fitting properly, new maternity clothes are shockingly comfortable... but it's not until you're staring into the one-inch screen of a Sony camera to suddenly realize "My GOD, I'm pregnant."



And now I have the photos to prove it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! Em, You're pregnant!! How long have I been away??? And what, young lady, have you been up to?! That is just so amazing...congratulations! I am so excited to read all about it in the coming months, because I too am back in the land of the computer (mine had been broken since SEPTEMBER!! And I was in such denial I only got it fixed now) It's lovely to be able to message you again, and please know (strange as this may sound as we have never met) I really missed you, hearing about your day and your knits, and can't wait to blog again :)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your looking really good Em! Stay cool as you can in the summer! Glad to hear that sesttling in has finaly taken hold. Hope you can mainly rest now and just wait on baby to arrive!
Terry

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Em you look awesome. I miss you sweetie.

Hugs!!!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Great belly...but...uh...you might want to photograph your smiling face in the picture too. :o)

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl you have!
These are going to be the best days and sleepless nights of your life.
Take pictures of everything, record her cries and first words too!
Best of everything to you and your family.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home