Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ode to an iPod

I'm back, after a long and unexplained absence, to say- God bless Steve Jobs. Without him there would be no Apple and while I don't want to give him all the credit, without his company and all the busy, hard-working inventors there, there'd be no iPod. And I am just so crazy about my iPod. I know I've mentioned it before. I've put it on lists of my favorite things, up against some pretty stiff competition like my Dyson vacuum or my Apple laptop itself and always the iPod has competed gracefully and finished with honor.
You can imagine the horror when, only a month or so ago, the iPod stopped working. Just out and out quit. Not quite three years old and DONE. No reason. Maybe the few times I dropped it on the floor, or outside or in the bathtub had something to do with it, but I'm no technician. All I knew was my beloved iPod would not charge, not on a barge, not for Marge and not for me. It was a sad, sad time.
Until I plugged the little guy in the other day, only for light to show on his cold, gray screen. Now the iPod plays, is fully charged, and, I believe, has forgiven me for previous dropping incidents.
So I say Hooray to the iPod! I know there's newer, flashier versions than my thick, clunky 4-gig guy, I know there's PC versions, ones that play radio, ones that play video, ones that keep track of your appointments and ones in night school working towards a law degree. By I'm happy with my shiny, scratched, filled up iPod.
Yes, there are a few other things happening in my life right now that I'll be blogging about later. Probably. But for now, we're all happy to have all our family members back in working order.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Yay! You're still alive. What are you knitting at the moment? I was worried you had fallen off the face of the earth.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA!! Glad to see you still here. I miss you ;-(
OMG I would die without my iPod :::says quick prayer to the iPod god:::

Love and Hugs hon!!!!!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back!!!!Glad I peeked in today!!! Sorry to hear about the I-pod,but glad for you it has decided to come off its vacation! Do I still owe you a couple of number 2 needles?
Terry

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home