Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Is that...

...knitting? Oh my Gawd. Am I knitting again?

Tah-Dah!





Psychedelic, yes? This is my first pair of cabled socks (pattern is a Nancy Bush design, "Rib and Cable Socks," Interweave Knits, Fall '05). They were, as I'm always surprised to discover about cables, awf'ly fun. And how I do love Brooke's yarn (check out her Autumn Oak colorway- it is too, too fine). I don't have this yarn's name aymore, but looking at her site, I think "Evil Twin" or "Elf Arrow" might be comparable. I love the ziggy-zaggy nature of the yarn's colors with the cables.

Also, I found this pattern on the Branched Fern Sock KAL. While I didn't join (shocking behavior on my part) I did decide to try them, as the traditional long-tail cast-on method did not intimidate me as normal toe-up sock patterns does. It took longer to get these going than a top-down sock, but I think I'll see them through to the end.




The only tricky bit? I might have dropped a stitch. Really, really hoping this is not true. Trying to find a lost stitch in that lace mess (yes, that's lace- I cannot explain the shoddy camera work- must call in Annie Leibovitz A.S.A.P) isn't a pretty prospect.

That's all we've got for today. We have UT-Florida and- well, that's about all we're thinking about here. Thank goodness it's an afternoon game.

Barkley can barely stand to look at the television.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Yep, we have a really really serious football match coming up tomorrow which has divided the south of Ireland equally into Cork and Kerry camps... 'Twill be a stressful day.

Love the socks. And BTW, if you do want to go looking (JUST looking) at my sock yarn, get into eBay and type in Celtic Memory. I have a few up at the moment, ending tomorrow night. I'll be listing more on Monday night and always try to put Celtic Memory in the header so they can be found easily. But remember 'I do not need any more sock yarn... I do not need any more sock yarn... I do not...'

1:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!! SAFF!!! It's on baby! Call me soon, because classes are filling up quickly...

Love your socks :) I can't remember the name either, but they look like Superhero socks!! *Grin*

...call me...

xo

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Those socks are certainly wild! I'll start my first pair soon. I'm a bit scared considering I'm going to be away from all my knitting helpers when I do so!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home