Neighborknitter

We're not here for a long time; we're here for a good time.

Friday, September 21, 2007

I Am Forever Spoiled

... by our seats at our Raleigh and Charlotte concerts.

(By the by, all photos taken by a cell phone camera; security was insane and even in Raleigh, The Hubba had to sneak shots. Luckily, he had me to do lots of dramatic, arms-flailing, Stevie Wonder head-bobbing dancing to distract the nearby security guard.)

Our seats in Raleigh...

I know there's a lot of lights. I know it's a bit hard to see Dave, but note the number of heads between ourselves and the stage.

Exactly.

Our seats in Charlotte...

See the large fellow in the stripey shirt? That's Rashawn Ross, the band's trumpet player. I love Rashawn Ross. I might have yelled this one or twelve times.

These were not our seats originally. We had good seats, but our fantastic friends had better and due to work and babies on the way and what-not, couldn't come. So we sold our tickets and bought theirs and they sent us surprisingly generous well wishes for a great concert. And, yes, we will be giving them our first-born child, if asked.

So, thanks to them, at both concerts we were to the right of the stage (LeRoi side, if you're a Dave fan), three rows back.

For once, I finally understood why fans try to jump on stage. I've always thought they were weirdos, until I found myself so close and seized with the idea "Just one quick jump- and around that mountain of a man- and I might touch LeRoi before I'm hauled off to prison. Is it worth it...?"

During Robert Earl Keene

Dave came out and watched the show. He's the one in the dark shirt next to the sound guy. If I was ever thisclose to rushing the stage... But then I would have missed the concert, what with being arrested and all that.

Of course...


classic cheese shot.

How do you come back from such seats? How do you ever settle for thirty rows back, even center-stage, these days? I don't know how I'll handle our *normal* seats in Hollywood.

Also, and totally off subject, a member of the Knitter family- Pops and Suz Knitter's dog- is having some pretty dramatic surgery today (What do Paris Hilton dogs do after too many fashion shows? Develop anorexia. What do Knitter dogs do, after too much football? Tear their ACL.). So if you're someone who would spare a moment over a much beloved four-legged fur friend, please send some good thoughts or ask whoever or whatever you ask for an easy, simple surgery for Bear and a quick recovery. He's such a lovely dog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

MAAANNNN!!!!
I didn't know your seats were that close! THat is so awesome that I'm excited about it and...maybe I shouldn't admit this to you...I'm really not as into Dave as you are. THat's about the only way I feel safe phrasing it. ;)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

I really think it will be more than 10 points.
Eating gator meat is a nice revenge and all (and very delicious), but kicking some butt is much better.
GO VOLS!
:)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home